Friday, March 26, 2004

In the parking lot of work today, a couple, in their thirties/fourties, were approaching the entrance. The odd thing was that they both had pink shirts on. It became much worse when considering the possibilities: (one) They were brother and sister. Maybe they're creepy close, like kissing cousins, but brother and sister. Don't want to think about it. (two) They're names are Scotty and Joyce. They are still riding high from that prom night in '82 where they made out to Air Supply in the back of Dad's Chrysler LeBaron. They decided that matching pink shirts will be a symbol of their 80's love and solidarity through the years. (three) They are here to help me witness for Christ. They will touch me on my shoulder and smile telling me, the Lord REALLY does have a plan for us.

By the time I got to the door, and they were at the elevator, I caught the name tags on their shirts. At first I thought they were monograms a la Laverne and Shirley, but nay. They work for Rockin Ritas. They seemed nice. I felt bad for making shit up. I still think they were doin' it to Air Supply.

Unrelated: Mayo Thompson is a good egg:

  • Richie Unterberger Interview
  • Discography
  • No comments: